ANTISCALENT DOSING SYSTEM
Antiscalent chemicals are used to prevent the scaling & fouling of the RO membranes. Scale may consist of mineral fouling such as calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, barium sulfate, silica, calcium fluoride, and strontium sulfate. The Antiscalent dosing should be done before reaching the RO membranes to break up sulfate precipitates, calcium carbonate, and other mineral fouling.
Antiscalent is the preferred pretreatment method for water systems due to its unmatched effectiveness in reducing membrane fouling. Antiscalent is used to process very poor-quality feed water at very high rates of recovery. Without Antiscalent, RO membrane systems would not be as successful serving the water treatment industry.
- Effectively control scales
- Compatible with the leading reverse osmosis (RO) and nanofiltration (NF) membranes
- RO systems can be run at higher recovery rates, which translates to lower operating costs
Antiscalent Dosing System is installed with following components:
- Single or compartment solution preparation tank.
- Chemical dosing pumps single or multiple
- Valve’s fittings
- Interconnecting piping
- Instruments like pressure gauges
- Level gauges, level switches
- Control panel including interconnecting cabling